Marriage Research & Organizations
- A Tale of Two Fathers , by Gretchen Livingston, Senior Researcher, and Kim Parker, Associate Director, Pew Social & Demographic Trends, June 15, 2011
- Council on Contemporary Families
- Healthy Marriage Initiative (ACF), US Dept of Health and Human Services
- Institute for American Values
- Integrated Public Use Microdata Series (IPUMS-USA), University of Minnesota
- Interracial Marriage, Pew Research Center
- Marriage Savers
- National Center for Family and Marriage Research (NCFMR), Bowling Green State University
- National Center on African American Marriages and Parenting (NCAAMP), Hampton University
- National Center on Fathers and Families (NCOFF), University of Pennsylvania
- National Fatherhood Initiative
- National Healthy Marriage Resource Center (Clearinghouse)
- Power of Two–An online program to learn helpful techniques for improving marriages.
- The Center for Africana Studies, University of Pennsylvania
- The Decline of Marriage Series, Pew Research Center
- Pew Research Center: Interactives– allow users to see trends with data, which includes tests, maps, data and quizzes.
- Wedded Bliss Foundation
Marriage Related Blogs
- 8 reasons to date a white man, blog post from the Madame Noir (NM) Blog
- No Wedding, No Womb!
Christelyn D. Karazin is the founder and organizer of No Wedding No Womb! (NWNW) an online initiative to address and find solutions for the 72 percent out-of-wedlock birthrate in the African American community.
Note: this site contains language and subject matter of adult nature as OkTrends uses statistics taken from OkCupid user interactions.
- Ramblings of a Marriage Junkie
A site on reviving marriage & reducing divorce
- SMC Single Mothers by Choice
This website offers support and information to single women who are considering motherhood and to provide a peer group for children, and to clarify the public’s understanding of single mothers by choice.
- techlationships by The Social Media Couple
- The 70% of black women are single lie exposed, blog post from the Surviving Dating! Blog
- The Case for Marriage, blog post from The Art of Manliness Blog
- The Marriage Market, blog post from the Sociological Images Blog
Marriage Related Articles
- For professional women in Asia, traditional roles of being a wife are not a good bargain, The Economist, August 20, 2011
- Reversing the Decay of London Undone (on how marriage rates were a factor in the London riots), Wall Street Journal, August 20, 2011
- Real Talk: Are White Men the Answer?, Demetria L. Lucas, Essence, August 9, 2011
- Supply, Demand and Marriage, Robert H. Frank, The New York Times, August 6, 2011
- Book Review of ‘Unnatural Selection: Choosing Boys Over Girls, and the Consequences of a World Full of Men‘, Mara Hvistendahl, The Economist, August 6, 2011
- The plough and the now: Deep-seated attitudes to women have roots in ancient agriculture, The Economist, July 21, 2011